Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program 2023-2024
Post-Doctoral Research/Lecturing Opportunity in the U.S.:
The U.S. Embassy in Algiers is pleased to announce the annual Fulbright competition for Algerian scholars for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Award provides an opportunity for Algerian scholars residing in Algeria, who hold a doctorate degree or equivalent professional qualifications, to spend three to six months doing research at a university in the United States.
The application requires that the scholar develop a theoretically sound, well written, and feasible proposal. Proposals that demonstrate a commitment to cross-cultural understanding and exchange will be given preference. All candidates must currently be affiliated with one of the universities or research institutions in Algeria.
Special preference will be given to candidates who have the capacity and commitment to take full advantage of a program of research at a U.S. institution and who are willing to share their experience and knowledge after returning to Algeria. The Fulbright experience should be of value not only to the scholar but also to the scholar’s home university –its students and faculty – as well as to the host U.S. institution. Fulbright scholars serve as cultural ambassadors and should be prepared to speak about their country, culture, and research to academic and community groups.
- Applicant must be citizens of Algeria.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree or equivalent professional training or experience.
- Applicants must be proficient in oral and written English appropriate to proposed research project to be carried out in the United States.
- Applicants must submit a detailed statement of proposed activity for research at a U.S. institution; and
- Applicants must submit a certification of good health.
Note: Persons holding permanent residence in the United States or U.S. citizenship are not eligible to apply.
Interested applicants who meet the criteria as outlined above should complete an online application at: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2023/
Application should include:
- Detailed project statement of proposed activity for research in the U.S.
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
- Three letters of reference
- Bibliography (a list of one to three pages of references relevant to the proposed research)
- Letter of invitation from a U.S. university or institution typed on institutional letterhead and signed that specifies the proposed academic year.
- A photocopy of the applicant’s doctoral degree
- A photocopy of the applicant’s passport bio page
Note: Grants are not for the principal purpose of:
- Attending conferences,
- Completing doctoral dissertations,
- Travel and consultation at multiple institutions or
- Clinical medical research involving patient contact.
The submission deadline for the online application is December 1, 2022.
Feel free to email Public Affairs Section, Rania Laouar, Cultural Affairs Assistant at email@example.com.
Please download PDF/original version here.